A PERANAKAN WALK
S$89 per person
Vegan / Vegetarian
Step back in time for a fascinating insight into Peranakan culture and heritage. Savour a variety of classic Peranakan delicacies and learn about the culture’s influence in today’s art, architecture, fashion and even in Singlish! Be introduced to various ingredients used in Peranakan cooking, and engage the senses as we stop to smell and taste the stunning…butterfly pea flower! Meet Peranakan families and see how the younger generation strive to save a culture in danger of vanishing.
TIMEOpen to group bookings of 4 guests and above
DISTRICTKatong / Marine Parade
FOODFeel-good foods (Vegan/Vegetarian)
STYLEWalking / 2 kilometres
WEATHERThe Food Hop will go on rain or shine.
GROUP SIZE4 – 10 guests (Solo travellers, and groups of more than 8 guests, please contact [email protected] to book a private trail.)
INCLUDEDSurprise stops!A fun and unique Singapore experienceTastings of local food and drinkExperienced local guide
NOT INCLUDEDTransport to and from the meeting and ending placeGratuities and Personal Expenses
Located in the eastern part of Singapore, the charming district of Katong, Joo Chiat, and Geylang Serai boasts a rich heritage and iconic architecture.
- We cannot guarantee that all bookings within 24 hours of the date of the Food Hop will be accepted. Should it be rejected, you will be provided with a full refund, excluding 10% transaction fee.
- All specific dietary preferences and serious allergies must be mentioned at time of booking. We may not be able to accommodate all reqeusts so please write to us to be certain before booking. Otherwise, for your safety, your booking may be rejected and you will be provided with a full refund, excluding 10% transaction fee.
- Each Food Hop must reach a minimum of 2 guests. If you are booking for 1 person on a date with no other reservations, we will provide you with a list of alternatives. If you are unable to attend any of the other alternative dates, we will provide you with a full refund.
- After completing your booking on our website, you will receive 2 confirmation emails:
- An automated receipt of payment from Paypal
- An automated booking confirmation from VegThisCity.
- If you do not see these emails in your Inbox, please check your Junk/Spam inbox. If you still can't find it, please contact us at [email protected]
Cancellation PolicyWe understand plans may change and sometimes you have to cancel your experience. Should you choose to cancel your booking, VegthisCity must be notified by email. The following cancellation fees apply:
- Cancellation with at least 1 week in advance: full refund, excluding 10% transaction fee
- Cancellation with at least 2 days in advance: 50% refunded
- Cancellation with less than 2 days in advance: No refunds